- Oak Park River Forest Museum & The Historical Society of OPRF
129 Lake Street, OP, 60302. 708-848-6755 W-Sat. 1-5 pm, $7
- Oak Park Conservatory, 615 Garfield St., OP, 60304. 708-725-2400
T-Sun. 10-4 pm, free with suggested donation of $5
- Oak Park’s Marvelous Mini Murals- Public art along the railroad line on
South Blvd. from Harlem Ave. to Austin Blvd.
- Ernest Hemingway Birthplace Museum,
339 N. Oak Park Ave., OP, 60302. 708-445-3071 Fri. 1-5 pm,
Sat. 10-5 pm, Sun. 1-5 pm. Reservations recommended. $15
- Frank Lloyd Wright Historic District: Home & Studio Tour, Wright Around
Oak Park Tour, and Wright in the Neighborhood Tour.
Contact flywright.org or 312-994-4000
Oak Park Walking or Driving Tour of Frank Lloyd structures
Generate a printable map and off you go.
Frank Lloyd Wright in Oak Park, www.architecture.org Walking tour of the exteriors of nearly a dozen of Wright structures.
1 hour, $30
- Edwin Cheney and Mamah House, 520 N. East Ave., OP.
Mamah Cheney became the lover of Frank Lloyd Wright who designed
- Cheney Mansion Tour, 220 Euclid Ave., OP, 60302, 708-725-2500, free.
- River Forest Historic House Tour, information- explore.visitoakpark.com
- Cernan Earth and Space Center on Triton College Campus
2000 5th Ave., River Grove, IL 60171, 708-583-3100
Gene Cernan, Commander of Apollo 17, walked on the moon.
Shows Fri. & Sat. night and Sun. afternoon.
- “There Goes the Neighbor Hood”, Sun., Oct.1, 2023, OPRF Gangster Tour, 13 homes by van or bus, 2.5 hrs., $40-50. John Binder, guide.
firstname.lastname@example.org 708-287-9118 Reservations required.